Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Pictures

I just realized that I haven't put any pictures up since my hike. I apologize; I realize that we live in a microwave society and we need the visual stimulation of a photograph to hold our attention. But since I overloaded my hard-drive I've been having to do some technological rearranging and thus have not uploaded any new photos lately. So to prevent losing the interest of my avid fans, I have included this photo for your viewing pleasure:


This is Juanes. Anybody who has read my blog for any substantial amount of time knows that I'm his number one fan. I probably learned more Spanish from him than I ever learned sitting in a classroom conjugating verbs and picking nouns out of a word-bank.

He's going on tour this summer, but sadly, he's going to be in my city when I'm in Rome (it's a hard life, ya know). I thought about going to see him in another city and just making a trip out of it, but really...as big of a fan as I am, I'm not ready to shell out 100 Euros for a train and a hotel/hostel in addition to the cost of the already over-priced concert ticket (once they become an international superstar, you can kiss the 10 dollar ticket good-bye).

Since I figure I should include something socially relevant on this post (really I'm just posting so as to keep my audience from thinking I've abandoned them), please check out Fundación Mi Sangre, the organization started by Juanes to help victims of land mines in Colombia. Don't worry - you can view the website in English.

That is all. I am now going to eat dinner at Maoz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I loooooove Juanes! I have his music on my iPod!! Please send him my love!