Monday, April 14, 2008

My Burnt Pecan Pie

Okay, I promised several posts ago to show y'all a picture of my burnt pecan pie, so here it is. I forgot to take a picture before we all dug in, so this will have to do:


If you notice, the top of the pecans are quite a bit more toasty than they should be. Overall however, the pie ended up tasting pretty good. Pecan pie w/ a slight hint of charcoal. It's sure to be a new hit in the Betty Crocker cookbook.

So yeah...taxes...how 'bout 'em?

Yuck.

UPDATE:

I finished my taxes!! They are officially filed!! WOO HOO!! And....I did it with NO TEARS!! Last year was my first time to do it ever and I'm quite sure I cried on several occasions. This year was my first time to do it OVERSEAS and I did it with NO CRYING! You have no idea how big of a deal this is - this kind of stuff stresses me out more than anything in life. Pages of letters numbers that mean absolutely nothing to me: AGI, IRA, 401K, SS...and when you've had 3 jobs in one year AND sold some mutual funds to pay for college (tuition deduction?), that's just even more random numbers and letters with no application to my daily life. If it doesn't apply to my daily life then it's just dead weight - I'd much rather just go for a run (which I did, to run off the stress...) or have a nice chat with some old British tourists at the coffee shop, or eat a salad at my favorite restaurant while the Italian dude tries to convince his friend to ask me out despite his and my many protests. Life is more exciting with real people, real activities, real substance.

Which is why I hate taxes. It's not real to me. It's just numbers on paper that mean the government is trying to ruin my life. But they have not succeeded. I am one tough cookie and I'm going to go have lots and lots of fun tomorrow and prance around town like a girl who has already filed her taxes. =)

Besides, I think we should just go back to bartering. I'll grow some watermelons and cucumbers and you raise some cows and then we trade alright sounds great thanks.

2 comments:

The Massons said...

you crack me up!!! I love it! and we hate taxes too. jesse finished our last night around midnight and then left at 4 in the morning for his day trip to chicago. blech

Julie said...

Where's a photo of Chucky?