Sunday, January 20, 2008

More of my quick trip...

The hotel had a waffle maker that makes Texas-shaped waffles. Not only had I not had a waffle in ages, but it was Texas shaped! Can a waffle get any better than that? And while it may not have tasted like the greatest waffle ever (nothing special..just plain 'ol waffle taste), it looked like Texas so therefore it WAS the greatest waffle ever.

My family and I (Toby, my brother in law, is taking the picture) went to the Houston Downtown Aquarium on Saturday. In case you didn't already know, zoos and aquariums are the key to my heart. If you're ever thinking about asking me out on a date, zoos and aquariums are the way to go.

While the Houston aquarium isn't quite as cool as some others I've been to (like Montery Bay in California, but really, that's one of the best in the world so that's holding the bar a bit high), it is still pretty awesome. One of my favorite parts was the octopus. They had it in a glass container so that it was climbing along the glass with it's suckers and you could see the underside really well. THAT was cool. It was also fun to look at and think, "I've eaten his friends!" Up until 3 months ago I wouldn't have been able to say that, but living in Europe changes things!
That night (and Sunday morning) I got to see a bunch of my friends. I didn't take as many photos as I should have, but here's a few of the girls:


The End!

2 comments:

The Massons said...

One of my best friends is a texan. She is the same way. Thinks Texas is the best thing since sliced bread. Ahh, you silly Texans. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love zoos and aquariums too! And so does Emory! We went to the San Antonio zoo on our honeymoon. And we're getting a summer pass thing to the Fort Worth Zoo so that we can take Abyela whenever we want =)