Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm Back!!

Well, sort of.


I can't promise my bi-weekly (and sometimes more) blog posts that I used to make, but I am determined to get back in the swing of blogging.

"Where have you been?" you might be asking.

Well, you're not the only one asking such a question. It's filled my email in-box, my facebook wall, and the minds and hearts of all my faithful blog readers. All two of you.

For one thing, I don't have internet. That makes blogging kind of difficult.

Also, life has been busy.

Each semester for the past 13 months I've been taking 12-13 hours of grad school, as well as working about 25-30 hours a week. Now, in college that would have been an overabundant load of work, but seminary is a different ballgame. 9 hours is considered "full time", and I understand completely why. It's quite a challenge staying on top of things!

Also, I have a boyfriend. :)

His name is Matt, he's from Georgia, he used to live in Nepal (during the same time that I was in Spain), and he likes sports and Coca-Cola a lot.

I'm rather fond of him. Tee hee.

So that's another reason for my mysterious absence from the blogging world. Too much time studying, working, and attempting to date my boyfriend.

We've been dating 7 1/2 months now. WOW! I can hardly believe it!

You may be wondering where I've been working: Pappadeaux!! Google it. It's tasty. If there's one in your area, you should go there for dinner tonight. It's a Cajun seafood restaurant, and while a little bit pricey (I may work there, but I can't quite afford to eat there...), it's definitely worth it if you can squeeze it into your budget every now and then.

You may be wondering what I'm studying: Jesus! Well, sort of. I'm getting a Master of Divinity (mDiv) at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. It's been a GREAT (but challenging) experience so far. I'm learning so much, and really enjoy my classes, professors, and classmates.

To give you an idea of what kinds of classes I take at seminary, here's what last year looked like:

Fall:
Church History 1 (33AD-crusades)
Elementary Greek 1
Old Testament 1 (Genesis-Esther)
Hermeneutics (interpretation)
Spiritual Formation (chapel, Scripture memory, Spiritual disciplines, etc)

Spring:
Church History 2 (Reformation-current)
Elementary Greek 2
Old Testament 2
Spiritual Formation

Fall (right now):
Missiology (the study of missions)
Systematic Theology 1
New Testament Greek 1 (we're translating Colossians!)
Ishmael/Arabs in Biblical History

It's been quite an experience!

I also have the greatest roommate of all time.

Her name is Emily, and she was a journeyman in Spain, also. She lived in the Canary Islands and we met in Seville, became friends in the Algarve (Portugal), and hung out lots and lots in Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Frankfurt, and Munich. Now we live together! She's been one of the greatest blessings to me. I was so lonely before she came, and having her as a friend and roommate has turned everything around. We cry together, laugh together, sing together, make crazy noises together, live, work, study, and go to church together...you would think we'd get sick of each other, but instead, it's quite the opposite! I can't get enough of her!

Surely you're getting bored now.

Now that both of my faithful readers know that I still exist, I can get back to blogging as usual.

Come back soon!

Bruner

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

sooooo glad to hear a little bit of what's going on in your life!! i miss our jason's deli lunches, friend!