Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Boy

I was skimming through my few posts over the past year...one was when my six year old nephew said, "you need to find someone to get married with."

Haha!

Well, as you can see from my new blog picture, I have found myself a man.

His name is Matt.

He is from Georgia.

He lived in Nepal for two years and speaks Nepali.

He is also getting an mDiv here.

We met in January, when he and his roommate helped my roommate move in. She said she would cook dinner for them as a way of saying thank you. I was super excited about meeting boys, so of course I was all for it. Then on the first day of class she introduced them to me. He was so talkative and friendly, and at the end of our first conversation, he told me that I was "very interesting."

Then we went to chapel and he sat next to me.

He sang really loudly.

It was out of key and absolutely adorable.

A week later we had them over for taco soup. After dinner, we played a game of Spades in which he and my roommate were partners and lost terribly.

Our roommates say that was when they saw the sparks begin to fly.

We started hanging out every single day - chapel, class, gym - he even came to Starbucks, despite the fact that he hates coffee, to "study" with us.

One evening the guys had "Pancake Night" at their house. After we ate, we all watched "Seven Years in Tibet." Near the end of the movie, he held my hand.

The next day we had a "discussion."

We didn't start dating right away (but I wouldn't let him hold my hand until he was ready to commit!), but a week or two later. He wanted to "take some time" to think about it and get to know me better, since it all happened so quickly (we met early January, started dating Feb 12), but just couldn't seem to wait, so we decided we either needed to make it official or stop spending so much time together.

So we made it official. :)

And now we've been official for seven and a half months.

Yikes!

I like Matthew quite a lot. :)


Any questions?

3 comments:

The Roberts' said...

sooooo cute :-) i love hearing stories about how God brings people together!

Laura said...

I love your story, and I'm super excited for you!

Jeanne said...

Aww....that's sweet. Like the pic by the way!