Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Weekend of Fun!

This weekend I hung out with some friends in the "pijo" part of town. "Pijo" is a way of saying, preppy, stuck up, rich, etc...it's the neighborhood where Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham) and David Beckham used to live, if that gives you some kind of idea.

The best part about pijo terriotory? Tony Roma's!! I've never eaten at a Tony Roma's in my entire life - I've seen them all over Texas, but never once eaten there.

So I had my first experience eating Tony Roma's famous babyback ribs, and I must say that they were DE-LICIOUS. I will most definitely be doing that again someday. Why did I never eat there back in Texas??


My new little friend enjoyed some corn on the cob:


Quick awesome story:

I mentioned in a room full of people that I have played the violin since I was about 11 years old, but that I haven't played it consistently for the past 4-5 years, but I really missed it. Somebody listening came up to me later and said, "we have a violin hanging out in our closet. My mom bought it for my daughter but she decided she didn't want to play anymore. Do you want it?"

So now I get to play the violin again! How awesome is that? I practiced a little bit this afternoon - I can't wait to get some sheet music and be able to play for real!

Then today I got a super big happy. I went to Starbucks (always a happy) and my friend Luis was working. He always makes me smile. Normally we just chat but today he stepped out from behind the bar to give me the two kisses, so that means we're officially friends!!

AND when he handed me my drink, it looked like this:

In case you can't read that very well, it says, "con amor para la más guapa" which roughly means "with love for the most pretty." And on the other side is my name and lots of little hearts. Don't worry, he's not in love with me. But he does love me!

Please note that in this picture I am wearing a long sleeved cardigan with a long sleeved shirt underneath. Today is May 18th. And I was cold. I am certainly not in Texas anymore.

I've got a busy week ahead of me, so don't be surprised if I don't update for a while.

Have a great week!

LB

4 comments:

Julie said...

How awesome about the violin and drink for the most pretty person in Spain! What a wonderful day! And baby back ribs?!?! You're making me hungry...

PS: I wanna visit Pijo! I can't wait!

The Roberts' said...

aw! im glad you had ribs & can play the violin & have a starbucks friend that writes on your cup!

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you're playing the violin again. I miss hearing the sound of the bow drawing across the strings. :)

Helen Bunting said...

"Pijo," teehee. I think I remember that from my time there. In Chile they say "cuica."

Yay for your violin!