Monday, May 26, 2008

Thank you Julie!!

A week ago I walked into my apartment to see this sitting in front of my bedroom door:

What could it be? It was long, round, and slightly heavy, but not too heavy to pick up. It came from the U.S. but the return address was not one I was familiar with.

Attached was a card from Julie. When I opened the package up, I found this:

It's a TEXAS A&M rug!! What could be better!?!

I am SO humbled - Julie has gone above and beyond - giving unselfishly to me, going out of her way to encourage me and dote on me in the midst of a very difficult time in her life. I can't even begin to describe how much it means to me.

And furthermore, the timing of the rug was perfect. She didn't tell me to be expecting anything so it was a COMPLETE SURPRISE. I was shocked. I almost cried out of joy, excitement, and feeling so thankful for such an amazing friend. And it arrived on the first day of one of the most challenging (physically, spiritually, mentally) weeks I've experienced during my 7 months here. It was such a blessing and truly, truly touched me far deeper than my Aggie Spirit could ever go (and that's pretty deep!).

THANK YOU JULIE!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay! =) Love you!