Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Still Alive

So apparently (are there are any 121ites saying "APP-a-rently" with me?), I haven't updated my blog for a long time. There's a good reason for that, however. We haven't had internet for over 2 weeks, so I've been going to the internet café to check my email and, since it costs money, I haven't updated my blog. However today I purchased more time than I needed, so here I am.

There's this girl watching music videos on youtube and singing along loudly in some other language. She's not a very good singer. I hope you don't think I'm being mean by saying that - just honest. But I'm glad she feels confident enough to sing in an otherwise silent public setting such as this. I certainly don't.

The other day I went to the museum and saw more Picasso than I ever thought possible. I didn't even see all of it because I was really tired and decided to go home and return again on another free day (every Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning!).

Language school is fun, but I'm getting frustrated. I'm ready to know the language. I'm ready to be able to understand when people talk at a normal pace, not just when they speak slowly and clearly. I'm ready not have to nod and smile anymore. I'm ready to not have to wait days for the internet company to find somebody who speaks English to call me so we can get our internet back. I'm ready to not have to say "speak more slowly, please" ten times in the same conversation.

That's all.

And now as soon as I click "Post Entry" blogger is going to steal all of my double spaces between sentences. Argh. See?? Right here. There should be two spaces. But all you see is one. I don't like it.

That's all. For real.

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

wow. does my blog steal my spaces too?? i never even noticed...