Friday, September 21, 2007

A Week and A Half...

It's hard to believe it, but I've only got a week and a half left here in Virginia. My time here has been amazing! I've made so many friends, learned so much, had so much fun - I can't even begin to describe it all.

Currently I'm sitting at a table with 4 MacBooks. I just had to throw that in there. Macs are taking over the world.

Tomorrow a friend from A&M who lives outside of DC is going to come visit. I'm pretty stinking excited. Boo-ya.

Here are some of my new friends:Well...I tried to add more pictures but blogspot doesn't like me today, so this is the only one you get. As you can see, everybody is very excited in this picture. It was taken at a momentous occasion. The occasion was so momentous that one girl felt she had to talk to somebody about it immediately, and thus she was on the phone when we took the picture. No lie.

There are some ladies from various groups (one from Bryan, TX!!) who come each year to teach a quilting class. So, one night I decided to go. Little did I know that I was making a long-term commitment. I picked out fabric and picked a pattern and started cutting like crazy. Before I knew it, I was sewing like crazy. Yesterday, I was quilting like crazy. You may be thinking to yourself, "wasn't she quilting the whole time??" Surprisingly, no! People often think that to be making a quilt is to be quilting, but the actual act of quilting is far more specific than that. It requires using a sewing machine with a special "quilting foot," and it is the step in the process where you sew the top, middle, and bottom layers of the quilt together. All the rest is just cutting and sewing, but quilting...quilting is different. And now I am only one step away from having my very own home made quilt! I just have to do the binding (that is fabric that goes around the outside and keeps the edges together) and then my beautiful creation will be complete. Don't worry - I will most DEFINITELY be putting a picture on here. And sleeping under it. And taking it to Europe with me to sleep under there. I'm so stinkin' proud of it. =)

Have a great day!

LB

1 comment:

Helen Bunting said...

Bruner! I heart you! Won't it be awesome when we're both posting from other countries? Yay!!

Mucho amor,
Helen:)