Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's my birthday!

Today is my 23rd birthday and I must begin my telling everybody who has sent/given me cards, packages, emails, etc (even those I haven't recieved yet) THANK YOU!! I greatly appreciate all of them.

However, I must say that the greatest card of all is the one that sings "MMMBop" when you open it up. When I opened it this morning, I looked up at David and Kristen and said, "How did you know!?!?!" David said that he just figured I was "about that age." He was so right. I was all about Hanson during 7th grade. I remember one time they had a free concert at a nearby mall, but it was on a school day. I was so upset that my mom wouldn't let me skip school to go. ::sigh::

This morning I opened my door to a curtain of streamers and balloons, and Katie, Jen, and Elena had left a present and cards for me. In addition, Aunt Vicki and Uncle Darryll had given me a Starbucks gift card!! I LOVE coffee!!

Then at small group, I walked in the room and everybody yelled "Happy Birthday!" Max, like any 2 year old boy, was even more excited than I was and kept yelling over and over again, "Laura! It's your birthday! There's cake!" and sure enough, Linda had baked a VERY delicious coffee cake from scratch! I was bombarded by birthday cards (including the MMMBop card) and blew out the candles - all 23 in one breath! It was great!

Then at lunch, our new sister brought homemade tortillas (Honduran style!) and soup that was SOO good - way better than our normal cafeteria food.

The day just keeps getting better, and it's not even 2:00 yet! We're playing soccer at 3:00 (my new favorite activity!) and then tonight we have our weekly worship service, followed by pizza from Domino's! Tomorrow is Elena's and Darryll's birthday, so we're going to have a birthday party for the 3 of us tomorrow night. It's all muy fabuloso!!

And to make it even better, TRAPPER from MOOSEJAW wished me a happy birthday in today's daily remark! If you have any idea how obsessed I am with Moosejaw, you know this is a huge deal to me. I think I should buy another Moosejaw tshirt...

Alas, I must go study language before soccer! Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday!!

-LB

2 comments:

ktmarie said...

MMMMMMMMMbop!!

The Roberts' said...

miss you & im thinking of you!!