Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally Photos!



I finally bought a new camera!!

I'm so thrilled that I can take pictures again, and can't wait to get started, especially since the cow parade is in town!

As you might remember, I dropped my camera on the hard kitchen floor back in November, and along with my camera, the fall broke my heart.

My camera was my best friend (as far as inanimate objects go). She went everywhere with me. She fit perfectly in my pocket, purse, or handbag. She took beautiful pictures. She made me look really hot.

And then I dropped her.

Seeing as how digital cameras cost a pretty penny, I couldn't exactly just run to the store and grab a new one.

So for the past 3 1/2 months, I've gone without my best inanimate friend ever. I traveled to visit friends, I visited my mom, I saw more than an inch of snow for the first time in the town where I live, I saw art exhibits, I created memories with new friends and old friends...all without my best friend. I borrowed every friend's camera that I possibly could. I still don't have my hands on some of those pictures (but don't worry...there's supposed to be a CD in the mail for me).

But right now is sale season. For most of January and February nearly everything is on sale. After February, it all goes back to it's normal price until August and September, when they have a second round of sales.

If you don't get what you want during sale season, you're out of luck.

So I thought I'd look around and see if I could find a good deal.

I looked in a ton of stores, online and in-store. I looked at a second hand website. I even looked at buying one in the US and having it shipped here to save on the dollar/euro conversion (USPS flat-rate boxes make shipping quite affordable, especially for heavy stuff).

And by a stroke of luck I walked into the Corte Inglés department store to find that in addition to the winter sale price, they were having an extra 10% off for Valentine's Day.

And since I've never had a Valentine of my own, and everywhere else (even in the US) was selling the same (or similar) model for at least 20 Euros more....

I decided to be my own Valentine. :)

So happy Valentine's Day to me, from me.

And now I can take pictures!! I can hardly wait!!

But I'm wondering - what do I do with my old camera, the broken one? The lens is stuck half-way out and it only turns on long enough to say "lens malfunction" and then turns back off.

You can't just throw away a camera, can you?

What do I do with it?

3 comments:

The Roberts' said...

ok i didnt read the whole entry yet because im on the run BUT the cow parade!! we saw it in chicago, if you see the Marilyn Monroe cow will you take a picture for me??

Jeanne said...

Ah, sales....how I miss them...except I did get a nice discount on opening my high speed internet service, so I guess that makes up for not getting to go shopping :)

martha said...

Yea for camera!! AND rebajas!! You by all means save your old camera. It will be a great toy for little kids that come to your house. They love "real" things like remotes, key fobs, cameras, etc...she still has a life purpose...hang on to her!
shelly