Monday, October 27, 2008

Nacho!!!

My little fishy has a name!!

I decided to call him Inigo Montoya, because he's quite the little fighter.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

But since Inigo Montoya is a long name, and "Nacho" is the nickname for "Inigo" (go figure) I usually end up calling him Nacho.

And Nacho Libre is awesome.

"Chanco! I need to borrow some sweats!"

I've got him trained now where I shake the food in front of his bowl and he goes into a frenzy until I drop the food in to eat.

That little booger can eat a lot! The guy at the fish store told me they should eat 3-6 little pellets a day, and I would just need to experiment to see how much Nacho eats.

I'll put in 5 pellets and he eats them all up and for as long as I'm standing there he's swimming up and down, right and left, staring at me begging for more.

So I put in one more.

He devours it, and then does his little dance again.

But I don't want to overfeed him so I've made 6 the limit.

Also, if I put in more, then he just plays with it and it ends up disintegrating and making the water dirty.

Then I have to change the water.

Changing the water is a hassle, so I don't like to do it more than once a week.

Thus, I refuse to give him more food.

And now I shall go and make food for myself.

Quesadillas...yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won the name contest!!!! Do I get a prize???? :)