Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Am Elf


Sometimes I feel like Buddy the Elf. Smiling's my favorite. It really is. I love to smile. I love to say "hi" to people. I love to hug people. I just love all things happy.

Buddy the Elf lived at the North Pole. I lived in Aggieland. At the North Pole, everybody is friends with everybody. In Aggieland, we're all part of the Aggie family, and we love each other for it (we even love those who aren't Aggies, because they were smart enough to move there). At the North Pole, it's okay to say hello to everybody, because everybody is sooo sweet. In Aggieland, we consider it a proud tradition to say "howdy" everywhere we go.

But Buddy the Elf had a little problem. He didn't belong at the North Pole anymore.

I too, had a little problem. It was called "graduation." After graduation, I had to leave Aggieland. Buddy the Elf moved to New York City. I moved to a mega-city with a population of around 6 million people. Buddy found out that things were a little different out in the real world. Not everybody wanted to be his friend.

I too, found out that things are a little different. But we all know that things turned out all right for Buddy the Elf. He made some friends, learned how to survive in the big city, and in the end, he saved the day. I too have made some friends, learned a few important lessons (watch out for dog poop on the street, don't talk to strangers, guard your purse, how to spot drug dealers in the park...) and while I have yet to save the day, be looking for me on the evening news. My time will come.

The End.

1 comment:

The Massons said...

we love that movie. we just might have to watch it together. but it might be more enjoyable if we all dress as elfs while watching it . . .