Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Doggie Doo-Doo


Living in a city so huge where almost everybody lives in apartments - most of which are much smaller than what we might find in the States - it's surprising to me how many people have not just dogs, but BIG dogs. I'm surprised how many German Shepherds, Labs, and other large breeds I see every day. Where in the world do they keep them? Goodness knows our apartment (quite large, so I'm told) has no room for a dog that size!

But even more than the number of dogs, I'm surprised at the behavior of the dogs. Most of the dogs here are trained SO well! They know when to cross the street, they stay away from strangers, they don't attack innocent girls out for a walk, they wait patiently outside the grocery store while their owner shops...it's incredible. A lot of the time, people don't even use leashes, and I have only seen dogs get out of hand on two occasions, both of which were when two dogs met and one ticked the other one off...I guess some dogs just don't like to have their butts sniffed so much.

I'm also surprised at how many terriers and small breeds think they can take down the German Shepherds. Those guys are six times the size of these little things and yet the little ones go crazy barking at them all "back up off" and "you can't touch this" style.

But alas, one of the casualties of so many dogs in a city with so little grass is....

POOP.

Yes.

Dog poop. Everywhere.

If you ever come visit me, be sure to keep one eye on the ground at all times.

They've planted little doggie land mines planted all over the city, just waiting for some innocent tourist to step on one and BOOM. Dog poop all over your shoe. No walking on the carpet for you.

I have been fortunate enough to avoid stepping in one so far.

I bet I step in one tomorrow.

Whenever we go out with our friends and their 3 year old son, he always runs ahead and finds the danger zones. Then when come up on a pile of doo he yells "watch out! poop!" We call him the "Poo-poo Po-po." HAHAHA. Get it? For anybody over 35 who might be reading this, "Po-po" is slang for "police."* ::sigh:: It just cracks me up every time.

Poo-poo Po-po.

It's fun to say.

Try it.

No really, try it. Say it out loud, right now. Don't worry about what anybody might think. Just say it.

Poo-poo Po-po.

See what I mean? Isn't that fun?

Next time you see some poop on the ground, tell your friends "watch out! Don't step in the poop! I'm the Poo-poo Po-po!"

HAHAHA.

Now go read Heather Hendrick's blog where you'll find plenty of synonyms for poop.



*Please note that I have the utmost respect for our law enforcement authorities and use the term "Po-Po" as a term of endearment. =)

1 comment:

The Massons said...

oh my word. you are too funny. jesse and i read this post together and we were both laughing a lot by the end. too funny! i hope levi will still have his badge when we arrive!