Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's almost time!

Well, today is Sunday and I leave bright and early Tuesday morning. Only 36 hours to go, and I feel like there's still so much to do! We have a few "assignments" to complete before training, and I've only completed a few of them thus far. But I'm hoping to finish some more tonight and tomorrow - that's a prayer request!

I spent the weekend in College Station playing with friends, and it was great to see everybody, laugh, eat fajitas, and go to Living Hope again. I love that church. It's the first church I ever really saw the body of Christ in action. Living Hope taught me that church is not just a place you go to get fed, but it's a body, and every part is important for the body to function properly, including me. It taught me about accountability, and that's we need each other. We can't do this life on our own. I could go on for hours about what I learned at Living Hope, and what I learned from some of my best friends at A&M and from Phi Lamb and college in general, but then I would never start packing, so I'll leave it here for now.

Here are some recent pictures of my last few days with my family. I sure am going to miss them:

This is Vivian after spaghetti:
Here we are at the rodeo:
Here's Garrett being his usual insane 3 year old self:
Garrett and I getting ready to go to the beach. Like my goggles?

Garrett and I driving a firetruck. I tried to get him to make a funny face, but he just kept staring at me and laughing.


Have a great day!

LB

No comments: