Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things..

After Christmas, Matt and I went to Amsterdam to help out some church planters there.

We spent two and a half weeks wandering around specific areas of the city, talking to people, finding out their needs, their desires, what they think of church, what they would want a church to be like, why they don't go to church or why they would go, etc. We hosted three English conversation groups, two of which were unsuccessful, so we went around finding out why and hosted a third group, which was successful and has potential to turn into something more.

Then we jumped into school the day after we got off the plane. It's been a busy week getting settled in, buying textbooks, starting classes, visiting families, and I still haven't finished unpacking from the move!

Which is why I'm going to take a little break right now to read a book. I need some "me" time. :)

No comments: