Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Melissa!!!! (and usa)

Today is July 4th! And we all know what that means!

It's Melissa's birthday!

Yup, that's right. Our own personal firecracker, Melissa Jane Baxley (formerly Bruner) was born on July 4th, 1978 (I think it was around then - I'm terrible at remembering how old people are!).

Since I can't be there to give you your gift in person, I'll just have to get creative.

So...

Get ready to open your gift!!

Open the bag and pull the little box out...


Open the box and pull the little packet out...


Open the paper and begin to see...


Happy birthday!! I hope you like it!!


We saw this necklace at a store when Melissa was visiting in May and she just LOVED it. So I went back to buy it, and while they no longer had the same necklace, they had this one that's almost the same.

I hope you can enjoy it just as much as you would have the other!

Since I'll be seeing you in just over a month, I decided to hold on to it to give it to you in person. Plus...now you'll have time to look for some matching earrings!!

I love you Big Sister!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are the bestest sister in the whole wide world. I can't wait to see you next month, and not just because you got me this necklace. :) I love you!!!

Jeanne said...

1977---I remember it well :)

I'm looking forward to seeing both my girls soon! Love you!!!!