Saturday, July 5, 2008

Do You Iron Your Sheets?

I'm taking a poll:

Do you iron your sheets?

A) For your bed
B) For the guest bed
C) For your kid's beds (if you have kids)

I never have ironed my sheets, but today as I was making the bed for a guest who arrives tomorrow I thought to myself: "this would look so much prettier if the sheets were ironed." *

I see ironing sheets as a waste of time. You're just going to get in the bed and sleep, and I wiggle around a lot, so they'll just get wrinkled again. So what's the point? To look good for a few hours?

But then I thought that maybe it would be nice to put the effort into making the sheets look nice. After all, now that I'm on my own, I'm having to learn how to be a "home-maker" and a hostess, even if the home I'm making is just for myself. I'm trying to learn how to be a proper female (not that men can't iron as well! don't get me wrong!) so that one day when I am a wife and mother I don't have to learn it all from scratch.

So what about you? Do you iron your sheets?

-LB

*It's hot and I don't have AC so I'm not bothering to put a blanket on top, thus the sheets are all there is to it.

8 comments:

About Nancy said...

Nope. Never ironed a sheet in my life that I can recall. But, doing it for a guest is a fabulous and thoughtful idea.

I enjoyed your blog. See you later!
Nancy

aggie_bibliophile said...

Definitely not.

The Roberts' said...

i have NEVER ironed a sheet... nor did the thought ever cross my mind! i cant stand ironing. today my shorts were wrinkly so i just tried to smooth them out with my barely-wet hands (it worked, well enough anyhow).

______________________ said...

NO - not even for a guest...although, I've never made up a bed that wouldn't have a blanket...so, maybe...okay - no, probably still wouldn't - I usually wear wrinkles if they aren't too bad!!!

Love ya,
Kristy

The Massons said...

heck no! but i'll you come iron mine :)

Natalie ODonnell said...

Hey Laura! I found your blog awhile back, but I was blog stalking this morning and thought I'd let you know! I love the updates from BrunerAbroad. So clever and looks like you're having a blast! You can check out my blog at www.theodonnellsopus.blogspot.com :) I'll check back for more updates!

Natalie ODonnell said...

... and yes, I've ironed sheets once or twice before, but married life is too crazy to keep up with ironed sheets!

Anonymous said...

Yes, i've ironed sheet and pillow cases. That was in the dark ages when my mom had to think of a chore to keep me busy. They do look nice, but it never gets done anymore in this fast-paced world. At least by me, anyway.
I read your blog every once in a while. Your mom gave me your site so I could keep track of what you are doing. She sends me e-mails about herself.
Take care. Sounds like you are having a good time over there.