Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Back!

After spending two weeks in Barcelona and one week in Rome, I'm pooped!

Rather than tell you every little detail, I'll just share some pictures!

Here we are at the beach in Barcelona enjoying a little bit of free time:

Here we are at a shopping mall. We saw the familiar red sign and just about flipped out. We couldn't believe it! It was too good to be true!! And yes, it was too good to be true. There was no Target but rather just a mean, cruel joke. We were heartbroken.


The Colosseum!

We ran into these girls at the Forum. They're from California and we spent several hours Wednesday and Friday hanging out with them!

The Pantheon: a former site of idol worship, replaced by a "Christian" church filled with new idols to replace the old ones. I found it quite sad and would have preferred they left the old ones for the sake of historicity rather than add new ones and call them "Christian".


I'm getting ready to throw a coin in Trevi fountain! Don't worry, my Daddy raised me to be prudent with my money. It was just 5 cents. And I only threw in one coin instead of the traditional three.

Bobby wanted to see the Pantheon too.

Really yummy gelatto. I think I had gelatto 4 times over the period of 3 days. Thank goodness I walked it all off (at least I hope!). And 2 of them I couldn't finish. But I most definitely finished this chocolate mint cone. Yuuumm.
That's all! Of course there are millions more photos, but these are just a few highlights.

And now I am watching Spain play (and hopefully beat) Germany in the European Cup (that's soccer, or "fútbol" for you NFL fans out there).

¡Vive España! ¡Olé!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Bobby was so excited to travel with you! It was his first time in Italy. He was worried about all the grains that they eat, but really didn't mind it so much. He hopes to go back to Roma someday...